Community Emergency Response Team
Apopka Fire Department Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program
This program is in cooperation with Volunteer Florida.
Please note the capacity for this class is 20 participants.
The Apopka Fire Department will be holding a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training for our community. This Hybrid program will consist of an online lecture and an In-Person, Hands-On, Practical Training.
CERT Hybrid Program Information
The main goal of the Apopka Fire Department Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program is to educate community members about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned online, in the classroom, and during CERT exercises, members can assist their community or workplace following an emergency event when professional responders are not immediately available to help.
For whom is the training designed?
The target audience for this course are individuals who desire the skills and knowledge required to prepare for and respond to a disaster. The minimum age is 18 and there is no maximum age. Everyone participates to the extent that they can, given individual constraints.
This free hybrid training includes an online lecture portion and is to be followed up by an in-person, hands-on, practical portion.
Online CERT Training Course Time
This online class is estimated to take 12 hours.
- Access it on your mobile device or computer.
- Complete it at your pace and at your convenience.
- Course progress will be saved and can be resumed later.
- You will receive the link to the online portion of your training once you register.
- Certificate of online completion must be presented to instructor at the hands-on, practical portion of your training.
In-Person, Hands-On, Practical Training
- Check Back!
What You'll Learn
- Unit 1: Disaster Preparedness
- Unit 2: CERT Organization
- Unit 3-4: Disaster Medical Operations
- Unit 5: Disaster Psychology
- Unit 6: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Unit 7: Light Search and Rescue Operations
- Unit 8: Terrorism and Hazardous Materials Safety
- Unit 9: Course Review and Disaster Simulation
This online course is made available by Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, & Utah Division of Emergency Management.