South Apopka Annexation
About the South Apopka Annexation
Since 1984, we have not had any official discussions about annexing South Apopka into the City of Apopka. Based on feedback from the community, the question has been raised again about the potential of costs and benefits regarding annexing South Apopka.
Below you will find more info about the matter including: a map of the area, revenues and expenses, legal procedures required for annexation, and the costs for a special election to pose the question to both city and county residents (both groups must approve the ballot initiative for annexation).
- Map of South Apopka Annexation Study Area (PDF)
- City Attorney Opinion Number CAO 2023-01 (PDF)
- South Apopka Annexation Information Page and Annexation Fiscal Forecast Spreadsheet (PDF)
A Google Map has been embed below of the study area.
- City of Apopka Community Meeting for South Apopka Annexation January 24, 2023 YouTube Video
- City of Apopka Town Hall Meeting for South Apopka Annexation March 28, 2023 YouTube Video
The following are options from the Orange County Supervisor of Elections. Please Note: These are only estimates of the cost associated with a vote by mail or vote in person option. These were submitted by the Orange County Supervisor of Elections Office on June 13, 2023.
Please read the Proposed Annexation Elections Fact Sheet provided by the Orange County Supervisor of Elections (PDF) for election information.
- Annexation Area Mail Ballot Election Estimate from Orange County Supervisor of Elections (PDF)
- Annexation Area Precinct Election John H. Bridges Community Center from Orange County Supervisor of Elections (PDF)
- Apopka Precinct Election Apopka Community Center and Northwest Recreation Complex Admin Office from Orange County Supervisor of Elections (PDF)
- Apopka Mail Ballot Election Estimate from Orange County Supervisor of Elections (PDF)