Early Victim Engagement (EVE) Program
Harbor House of Central Florida is a non-profit agency committed to providing a variety of confidential services to survivors of Domestic Violence and their children, as well as providing education and resources to the Central Florida community. We provide the following services free of charge for the survivor and their children:
- Advocacy, information and referrals
- Crisis Intervention and Safety Planning
- Court accompaniment, emotional support and assistance
- Information on how to apply for injunctions against Domestic, Dating, Stalking or Sexual Violence
- Confidential, safe shelter housing
- Support groups, prevention programs, educational classes and case management
- Children's Services
If you are in a crisis and need immediate attention, you may call the Harbor House of Central Florida's 24-hour hotline at 407-886-2856. If you are in an emergency situation, please dial 911.
What is Early Victim Engagement (EVE)?
The Early Victim Engagement (EVE) Program was created in collaboration with Orange County Government and Harbor House to identify high lethality cases, make contact with survivors/victims in the case in order to reduce domestic violence homicides in Florida by providing intensive advocacy with a coordinated community response (i.e. law enforcement and the criminal court process).
EVE advocates seek to address survivors' safety concerns, to offer advocacy and services and to meet face to face with survivors.
EVE advocates provide and/or assist with the following services:
- Crisis counseling
- Case management
- Victim compensation
- Safety planning
- Injunction process, including access to IFP, Injunction For Protection, Attorneys
- Victim Information and Notifications Everyday (VINE) Program
- Violations of injunctions/ criminal no-contact orders
Referrals for Early Victim Engagement services are made by Law Enforcement and State Attorney's Office. We have three locations in the county at the Apopka Police Department, the Booking and Release Center and the Orange County Sheriff's Office.