These helpful website to serve before and after a hurricane.
- Sign up for Apopka’s Alert Center: Emergency Management Alerts.
- Visit the Apopka Alert Center for all City updates.
- Visit the Ready Hurricane page for actions to take in the event of a hurricane warning or alert in your area.
- Visit the Orange County Florida Emergency Safety page to view Orange County’s Emergency Management page for all things related to the storm in Orange County, Florida.
- Visit the National Hurricane Center to monitor any weather updates from the National Hurricane Center.
- Visit the CDC Hurricane COVID-19 Page for how to prepare for hurricane season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Visit Orange County’s Storm Recovery Assistance page to find local and federal disaster recovery resources.
Hurricane Season & COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have some special tips to help prepare for hurricane season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies.
- Prepare a "go kit" that includes hand sanitizer and/or soap and two cloth face coverings per person.
- Pay attention to local guidance about updated plans for evacuations and shelters, as they relate to COVID-19.
- Follow social distancing and other CDC recommendations if you need to check on your neighbors and friends.
- Continue to follow preventative actions, like washing hands and wearing a face covering.
- Contact your medical provider if you are injured or ill, for treatment recommendations. Remember, accessing medical care may be more difficult than usual during the pandemic.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control Disasters page to find out more about how to be prepared. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have additional tips for preparing for hurricanes during the COVID-19 Pandemic.